Access Statement for The Old Vicarage, Marrick, Richmond, North Yorkshire
The Old Vicarage is a large and traditional self-catering property accessible by car or on foot. It has five bedrooms accessed by a wide staircase with one turn, and three bathrooms (one of which is large).
Downstairs, the kitchen, living room, study, dining room, utility and cloakroom are all on one level. They are spacious rooms and are orientated around a wide hallway.
There is access to the property from the front and rear.
Please call us if you have any queries that are not answered below.
- We have a basic website - www.oldvicaragerichmond.co.uk and are also listed on other holiday websites.
- Bookings / enquiries can be made via the website and also by email, fax, phone / text phone.
- The nearest bus stop is in the market town of Richmond, 10 miles away. There are plenty of taxis - see listings in the ‘Information for guests’ file.
- The nearest train station is in Darlington - 25 miles away. There are accessible taxis at the station.
- We can help, if you wish, to hire wheelchairs and other aides and equipment. Please ask when booking.
- We can arrange for shopping to be delivered. Please let us know of your requirements two weeks before arrival. We can also help you arrange special catering and hampers.
Arrival & car parking facilities
- Luggage can be unloaded from the courtyard directly into the property.
- There is ample parking and turning space for several vehicles. There are no neighbouring properties.
- There are no steps into the property. The door is 82cm wide and you can park right up to it.
- Access to the main entrance is via a cobbled courtyard with a slightly uneven surface (old granite sets).
- The main entrance (82cm wide) is off a granite set courtyard and leads into a hallway (110cm wide) with cloakroom, lounge, dining room, kitchen, and study radiating from it.
- There is another entrance that generally is not used. This entrance (88cm wide) has three small steps and leads into the hall through another door (84cm wide).
- There is a weather board of 5mm across the length of the threshold of the doors. There is free space around entrance.
Public areas - hall, stairs, landing, corridors etc
- Widths are: Hall - 110-130cm; stairs - 150cm; and landing - 150cm.
- The door to the downstairs cloakroom is 76cm wide and the toilet and washbasin access is unrestricted.
Public areas - sitting room, lounges, lobbies etc
- The dining room is off the main hall via a door (81cm wide).
- Table legs on each corner (90 and 180cm between), 65cm floor to lowest point of table (underspace), 120cm wide, 198cm long.
- Free space between table and walls is a minimum of 100cm all round.
- Chairs (all moveable) - six chairs with padded seat which have no arms, two chairs with padded seats with arms. There are further desk chairs in the kitchen and utility room if needed.
- Flooring is wooden floorboards with a central rug.
- Accessed via the hall (door width 82cm)
- Flooring is short pile carpet fitted at the door and with a carpet strip with 4mm threshold. There is a central woollen rug.
- Furniture is moveable and there are plenty of cushions provided.
- Easy chairs provide both armed and non-armed alternatives.
- Teletext and Sky TV are provided with remote control (also available are DVD, and CD player with surround sound).
- Small room accessed from the hall (door width 82cm) with three tub chairs, desk and table. There is 1m of free space.
- There is a large utility room accessed from the kitchen (door width 88cm) and from the outside courtyard (door width 86cm).
- There is a fitted washing machine, drier and basin with draining board, all with a minimum of 2m access space.
- A full range of shops is available in Reeth and Richmond.
- Access to a private swimming pool and gym available and accessible by car or by foot (0.25 miles away).
- Further information available by request.
- Large garden surrounding property with lawns, two seating areas with traditional garden furniture, barbeque, unrestricted access and no steps.
Bedrooms & sleeping areas
- Room combinations: All on first floor - super king sized, king sized, double, twin and single.
- All rooms off main landing space (width 120-150cm).
- Non feather duvets and pillows available.
- Sheets, duvet covers and pillow cases are cotton.
- Largest transfer space available to left/right of one bed is 1m/1.5m.
- Bed heights - floor to top of mattress - 55cm (super king and king), 57cm (singles), 60cm (double) cm.
- Beds are movable if more space is required.
- Bedrooms are reached via a staircase of 13 steps with a landing halfway (215cm wide by 110cm deep) and six more steps. Steps are 18cm high, 25 cm deep and 94cm wide.
- Handrail on one side of the stairs along landing.
- Fitted carpets and rugs in bedrooms, wooden boards or non-slip linoleum in bathrooms.
- Main landing measures 1.5metres by 5 metres.
- All doors to the bedroom and bathrooms are 82cm wide.
- All rooms have access to two shared bathrooms (one off staircase) and shower room (off the landing).
- Superking: 6ft,6 bed, height 55cm, space each side of bed minimum 1m, free space clear of doors or furniture 4m by 1.8m.
- King: 5ft bed, height 55cm, free space 1m by 2m.
- Double: 4ft6 bed, height 60cm, free space 1m by 1m.
- Twin: twin 3ft beds (moveable), 57cm high. Total space possible between beds 0.5m. Free space clear of doors or furniture 0.5m by 80cm.
- Single: 3ft bed, height 55cm, free space to left of bed 1m, free space in room is 1m by 2m.
Bathroom, shower-room & WC (shared)
- Downstairs toilet
- This is situated in a large cloakroom (see earlier for more details), unrestricted access.
- Bathroom 1 with large cast iron bath, rim height 56cm, bidet, toilet (height 41cm, free space to one side) and washbasin (81cm high), unrestricted access, free space 1m by 3m.
- Bathroom 2 with bath (rim height 56cm) toilet (height 44cm) and free space (limited) and basin (81cm). Free space 96cm by 90cm.
- Bathroom 3 with step in shower, cubicle size is 1m by 75cm, basin 81cm high, free space 70cm by 133cm.
- Kitchen entrance 82cm from hallway.
- Worktop / sink heights 96cm.
- Oven door is drop down, height of lowest shelf 1.12 metres, can be accessed from the side.
- Sink is 88cm high with 65cm clear height under space (54cm wide).
- Hob is 92cm high.
- Table height 76cm and underspace of 72cm, 1.75m by 1m.
- Flooring is original flagstones.
- At least 1m free space between all furniture (movable) and worktops.
- Available free space 4m by 1.5m.
- Evenly lit kitchen.
- Fitted larder fridge and freezer (60cm), standard dimensions.
Grounds and gardens
- See ‘Outdoor facilities’ earlier
- Information folder is produced in size 14 font (can be increased on request).
- Light switches and power points are at a traditional height to reach from standing position.
- Mobile phone reception in specific spots - house phone in utility room for emergencies.
- Old Vicarage Farm, Marrick, Richmond North Yorkshire, DL11 7LH
01748 884514 (property emergency phone)
01748 884348 (for general enquiries)
Doctor: Reeth Medical Centre, Back Lane, Reeth: 01748 884396
Dentist: Lion House, Pottergate, Richmond: 01748 622321
Police: Leyburn Police Station, Grove Square, Leyburn: 0845 6060247
Hospital: The nearest hospital with A&E facilities is the Friarage Hospital at Northallerton: 01609 777911
Taxis: Exec Cars: 01748 822422
Owner: Julia Carr 01748 884348
For queries and assistance during stay: 01748 884348 or 07704 455854.
Property Emergency telephone only: 01748 884514.
We welcome your feedback to help us continuously improve. If you have any comments, please phone: 01748 884348 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact telephone and email address
We welcome your feedback to help us continually improve if you have any comments please phone: 01748 884348 or email: email@example.com